US President Announces Most Crushing Economic Operation Against Iran

Washington, August 20 (QNA) : US President Donald Trump announced what he called the “most crushing economic operation†against Iran, stressing that the operation would amount to “economic warfare and isolation on an unprecedented scaleâ€.
In a post on his Truth Social platform, Trump said that “any country that allows its financial institutions, businesses, airports, or government entities to provide any type of lifeline to Iran will itself face tremendous economic consequences.”
The US president stressed the need to immediately halt oil smuggling, barter arrangements, cash transfers, money-exchange companies, shipping registries, and front companies.
Trump described these measures as an “economic D-Day,†calling on all US allies to stand with Washington in order to isolate and defeat the Iranian threat.
He added that no one has given the Islamic Republic of Iran a greater opportunity to reach a deal than he had, adding that unfortunately for them, they failed to take it.
The US President had previously announced that there were no talks currently taking place or scheduled with Iran, adding that the naval blockade remained fully in effect, and that the Strait of Hormuz was open and operating normally. He also said that all naval mines had either been removed or detonated.



